Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Steady Rest for a 10" lathe

On 12 Sep 2006 21:05:31 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi Mac

I can weld, just come by and I will do it for you, ;-))

Kind of a long trip, Leo.. and not to my kind of weather!

But seriously, I think you should be able to insert a fitting block
inside your lower square tube and drill and tap that, some locktite and
a nut underneath and you would be able to use the full lenght that way.

I have to look at the page again, but I was also thinking about using solid
stock instead of the square tube.. then just drill and tap it..

How is the new place coming along Mac ??

Pretty close to finished... the windows went in last week and the doors are just
about done...
We're going down tomorrow to give the builder more money (stage 5 or whatever)
and pick up our visa.... moving truck from Baja will be here on Oct. 12th!

I'll try to get some new pictures on the page up, or maybe on the new page... (
davisbaja.com & bajawoodcraft.com)

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis