Posted to alt.home.repair
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default Question about my circuit-breaker box

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:46:50 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:59:42 GMT, Jethro wrote:

Tom

My panel is a Siemens W0816MB1200CT Series E Type 3R

It is now full with 8 breakers:
left side 220V 20A for garage baseboard heat
(double)
110V 15A for porch addition (single)
110V 20A for 8000 BTU window A/C alone (single)

right side
110V 15A for reefer and freezer in garage alone (twin with next)
110V 15A for garage lights and door openers (twin with prior)
110V 15A for garage workbench alone (twin with next)
110V 15A for computer equipment only (what I added this) (twin with
prior)

As to twins, I'm like a newbie. Do you mean physically coupled
together? Why? I've only seen that with 220 circuits like stoves and
water heaters, where one wants to diconnect both sides of one thing at
the same time. Does your garage freezer lose power when a garage
light trips the breaker?
220V 20A for outside whole-house surge protection device (double)

It has a 200A Main Breaker

What do you think?

Maybe 'twins' is the wrong term. I was told that the term was the
correct descriptor. There are regular size 15A breakers about some 1"
wide. There are other 15A breakers that are the same size but
contain two (yes two) actual 15A breakers completely not associated
with each other. What you end up with is two 15A breakers that occupy
the breaker panel space of one normal 15A breaker. Thus you have two
15A breakers that function as two breakers normally would, but the use
less pane space. I hope I described this clearly.