Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] wizzzer@hotmail.com is offline

Default slug-tuned coils or substitutes?

I am trying to get some slug-tuned coils. I tried 4 different
electronics stores and searched online. So far I can't find them. I
found a few online, but not at the right uH value. I need them to make
a notch filter to block out a radio station (or summat) that is
interfering with channel 2 and 4 on my TV. The schematics and complete
info are on this page:

http://www.dewtronics.com/tutorials/...ter/df222.html

The last resort would be to buy an kit online for the notch filter, but
it has lots of extra parts to make versions that I don't need. The
coils I need a

3.5 turn slug-tuned coil with aluminum core - 0.16 to 0.24 uH
5.5 turn slug-tuned coil with aluminum core - 0.06 to 0.09 uH

I can't even seem to find very many inductors of any kind that are
under 1 uH in value.
Anybody know where I can get these slug-tuned coils or what
substitution I can make? I need to be able to vary the inductance so I
can tune it to the right frequency to block out from my TV signal.
Right now I don't know exactly what exact frequency it is, just that
it's between 55 mhz and 72 mhz.