Posted to uk.local.east-anglia,uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart Malcolm Stewart is offline

Default Hearing aid...needed

"Mark Horton" wrote in message
Mine are a pair of Oticon Spirit 3 digital hearing aids, standard over the
ear NHS issue digital hearing aids.

I have found them to be excellent. I would not recommend the analogue
type. They are awful.

Mark

I'm an otosclerosis sufferer, and I've had a behind the ear analog type for
several years now, and it works for me. (Certainly not "awful" in my case.)
Never tried or been offered a digital type, However my elderly aunt (~90)
does have a digital behind the ear type, and struggles with the
switch/battery compartment lid, and what mode it's in etc. And who said you
couldn't put the battery in the wrong way round? Perhaps the designers of
the digital types had never met someone living on their own, recovering from
a surgically induced stroke and thus having poor control of their fingers,
and yet I expect most hearing aids go to the more elderly in our population.

At least on mine the mode switch is clearly visible.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK