Posted to uk.local.east-anglia,uk.d-i-y

Default Hearing aid...needed

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
uk.d-i-y?

make one from some string, two cans and a megaphone... method: Use the
string to tie the wife to the chair, you sit on the other side of the
room, drink the cans and use the megaphone to talk to her.

I made one for my rich Uncle Walter - who already had a state of the art
private one. Some 15 years ago, though, and I believe modern digital ones
are so much better.
I used a cheapish personal mic (with a long cable) from Maplin, and an 80
dB max variable gain 2 watt amp feeding a pair of walkman headphones.
Tailored the response to be rising at about 12dB per octave peaking at
3KHz.
For a one to one conversation he just clipped the mic onto the visitor.
He used it all the time.

He lived to the ripe old age of 90, and spent most of his money on a
decent nursing home. ;-)

--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.