Roger Hull

Default If you were building the dream shop

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:35:49 -0800, GJRepesh wrote
(in message ):

I'm looking into expanding my current shop. I would like some input from
recent
shop projects. snip
Gary Repesh

Things I did wrong: Built it TOO small. Remember, you always have 20% more
stuff than room!

Things I did right: Electrical outlets at 52" above the floor.
Fans to give air circulation.
Bench vice on a grinder pedestal with room
around it.
Work benches NOT against walls. This way they
accumulate much less clutter and you can get to both sides of a large
project.

Can't comment on your slab. I had a contractor pour mine and build the shell
of the building. That way he fought with city hall and kept it all legal.

Hope this helps.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer