Posted to rec.woodworking
J.C. J.C. is offline

Default Building a storage shed

"J.C." wrote in message
m...

"Locutus" wrote in message

"Geo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our community has no requirements for footers for storage sheds.
Having said that, what is a good depth of footer for a shed that will
be 8x12? The shed will be completely made of lumber.

The shed I built (in SW Ohio) sits on treated 4x4's. It's 14 x 14.

This gives me the option of having it easily moved if I ever need to, and
it's not considered a permanant structure so I didn't need to worry about
permits/code.

The best book anybody can buy, costs about 20 bucks or so, or get at the
library is "Low Cost Pole Building Construction". I'm on my second copy as
I wore out the first one. You will learn more about building everything
from sheds to barns to small houses that you ever imagined.

PS: it even has plans for some sheds, barns and houses and I just looked, my
new copy was $14.95 from Amazon.