Posted to rec.woodworking
J.C. J.C. is offline

Default Building a storage shed

"Locutus" wrote in message

"Geo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our community has no requirements for footers for storage sheds.
Having said that, what is a good depth of footer for a shed that will
be 8x12? The shed will be completely made of lumber.

The shed I built (in SW Ohio) sits on treated 4x4's. It's 14 x 14.

This gives me the option of having it easily moved if I ever need to, and
it's not considered a permanant structure so I didn't need to worry about
permits/code.

The best book anybody can buy, costs about 20 bucks or so, or get at the
library is "Low Cost Pole Building Construction". I'm on my second copy as I
wore out the first one. You will learn more about building everything from
sheds to barns to small houses that you ever imagined.