Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Oland Tool: for Robo Hippy

I doubt that Oland was the first woodturner to insert a bit into a steel
rod to make a turning tool, but 'Oland Tool' describes the tool as well
as any other name and 'smells just as sweet'.

Darrell prefers the name and to his credit he has popularized this cheap
and effective tool, in particular that it can be a cutting tool as well
as a scraper.

Wow! Olands are more famous than I knew. Nice site, but for most of
their prices I wondered if the decimal was mstakenly moved over to the
right a place or two or three. I reckon it's what the traffic will bear.
I thought Jupiter Island Fl was up scale, but that spendy traffic isn't
on the streets in this area.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter