Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Oland Tool: for Robo Hippy

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:16:47 -0400, "Tom Nie" wrote:

Darrell,
Thanks for getting back. Couldn't use WMP with an AVI but still managed to
see them. OK, back to my being dense. It appears to be a V-shaped cutter.
True? If so, what's the big deal versus any bit in a holder?
TomNie

I'll jump in here.. my answer is probably different than Derrells..

IMO, all the Oland tool IS just a bit holder... what you do with the bit as far
as grind, size, etc. is up to you..

Derrell uses pretty much the same grind as Oland did, I use whatever works on
what I'm turning...

Hope that helped, or at least didn't add to the confusion.. *g*

Spend some time here, Tom.. interesting lady and great site:

http://www.olandcraft.com/

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis