Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Unisaws...Are the Old Ones "Better" than the New Ones?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:51:39 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

Frank is just like everyone else who wants to put out a product or
service they can be proud of. Some corporations simply make that
impossible for the guy in the trenches.

For many years they (corporate) left us alone and it was possible to
put out a good product that was respected and sold well. Then they
decided to "get involved" and you know the rest of the story.

Frank did 'em one better in the trenches ... IIRC, he is an MBA also.

True, but I also have a few years working on the shop floor by the
hour. I consider that to be at least equal if not of greater
importance than the MBA in educational value.

A close friend, who is also an HR recruiter, once told me I should
take that hourly experience off my resume as prospective employers
would consider it irrelevant. I explained to him that if they
considered it irrelevant, I didn't want to work for them.

But that's OK, we can forgive him that one lapse.

This from a guy who does his roux in the microwave.

Frank