Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default is latex paint sufficient to seal green wood?

wrote in message
ups.com...
However if you don't have to keep the wood to long from drying out and
the size lets you, than you can use a plastic bag on the ends, wrap a
string/tape or rubber band around to keep it tight, works for me.

Yep, blocking the easy way out is all you need to do. Cardboard tacked to
the ends, plastic, my personal favorite is a leaning slab packed with
chainsaw shavings. Idea is to slow the loss from the surface to something
that can be replaced from the inside to equalize. Just as in other things
in this world, it's "diversity" (in moisture content) that tears things
apart.