Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default is latex paint sufficient to seal green wood?

Hi Neal

You already got the lowdown, and I agree, get the anchorseal.

However if you don't have to keep the wood to long from drying out and
the size lets you, than you can use a plastic bag on the ends, wrap a
string/tape or rubber band around to keep it tight, works for me.

You might get some fungus starting to grow on the ends if you keep it
longer this way, but that will be turned away or can be sawn off when
using the wood, never bothered me any.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum26.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

neal konneker wrote:
Would two coats of latex house paint be sufficient to seal green wood or
do I have to use the wax emulsion stuff? I can get latex paint for a few
dollars per gallon, the wax emulsion stuff often sells for tens of dollars
per gallon. If I have to use the wax emulsion, where can I get the best
price?

Neal