jim rozen

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

In article , Ned Simmons
says...

Yup. As I said in my first post in this thread, "any
analogy between electricity and a compressible gas is
doomed."

And yet you see them, ALL the time. I think this
is because electricity used to be taught that way,
with the pipes/valves/tanks/pumps. Some folks
simply cannot wrap their minds around electricity
so the plumbing analogies show up in the older texbooks.

My dad a case in point. He understands how electricity
flows. But he never did grasp alternating current.
How can it do any work if it's only going back and
forth?

Jim

please reply to: