Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Oland Tool: for Robo Hippy

Marc
I am glad you found the site. I am not sure who started making those square
bowls but I know I was not the first by a hundred years of so. As a newcomer
to turning, here is free advice and worth every penny. Make the grinding jig
if you do not have one already. It will make your turning life far more
enjoyable unless you are a master sharpener. I hope to have the sharpening
page redone in a week or so (famous last words) but the design has not
changed enough to matter. It works a charm and sharp tools make all the
difference in ejoying the turn.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"marc rosen" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey Darrell,
I am very new to turning and have only been lurking on this group for
less than one week. Thanks for putting up a link to your website. I
was not looking for the tool you presented but was very impressed with
the rectangular cherry bowl. That is a nice piece of work. I never
gave any thought to mixing round and rectangular shapes in a turned
project but I thank you for the inspiration.

Marc

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
RH
This might help explain what happens with the Oland tool. My apologies

for
the page, I need to rewrite a lot of the early ones.
http://aroundthewoods.com/oland.shtml#ol1

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate