Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default is latex paint sufficient to seal green wood?

Neal
Get the Anchorseal. Latex paint brathes too fast, is too much of a hassle to
remove if it soaks in , and is genreally not made for the task. The best
price for Anchorseal that I have found is from the manufacturer. They are
basically a wholesaler, dealing mostly with high end lumber mills. They are
quite generous in dealing with us "little guys" buying 1 and 5 gallon
buckets. They ship quickly and well. I expect here in Nova Scotia to have my
order filled in a week or less.
http://uccoatings.com

No affiliation but a satisfied customer.

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Canchippy" wrote in message
ups.com...

neal konneker wrote:
Would two coats of latex house paint be sufficient to seal green wood or
do I have to use the wax emulsion stuff? I can get latex paint for a

few
dollars per gallon, the wax emulsion stuff often sells for tens of

dollars
per gallon. If I have to use the wax emulsion, where can I get the best
price?

Neal

I know from bitter experience that latex paint does not work.
So I have started buying Anchorseal in 5 gallon pails from he
https://www.uccoatings.com/
Family business, great to deal with and their product is the best.
Works out to about $14 a gallon and it goes a long long way. So how
much is your wood worth?
I am just a really satisfied customer and have no other connection with
UCC