Eide

Default Grinding Wheels

MSC has some ( www.MSCdirect.com ) but be careful with the rpm rating. The
grinding wheels on my grinder are rated for about 3600 rpm. My table saw's
arbor is 4700 rpm. I know there are wheels rated to at least 6500 rpm, but
man that's fast. Just my two cents.

Eide

"Jamrelliot" wrote in message
Do any of you metalworkers know where I can get low cost grinding wheels,

5/8"
arbor, 1/4 and 1/2"thick, 6 or 8" diameter? Wheels need to be this thin so

as
to get the washers and nut back on the arbor. Also to grind a groove into

the
1/2 - 3/4" round and flat high carbon steel.
I'm trying to make some woodworking tools on an old 10" tablesaw. Sort of

use
it as a surface grinder. Cut a groove into an oak 2 X 4, embed and hot

melt
glue the stock into this and slide it back and forth over the wheel and

slowly
raise the wheel. I'll stand in back of the saw, not in front.
Is this idea worthwhile or is it too dangerous? I would appreciate any
guideance. I think it would be fun and save money at the same time.

TIA
Jim