Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Harvested water for flushing

On 2006-09-10 16:47:04 +0100, "Dave Liquorice" said:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:49:41 +0100, Ash wrote:

However, I am not sure that it's a good idea to use untreated water for
washing dishes

No-one but a cretin would even think of it!

Except that dishwashers wash a pretty hot temperatures, hot enough to
kill of most bugs and if the heat doesn't get 'em the dishwashing
chemicals probably will. B-)

The wash cycle might be, but the last rinse cycles may be in cold water....

Your wife and my wife must be totally different personalities to even
countenance washing clothes with less than crystal clear water, which
yours from the tank isn't likely to be.

Quite, all manner of interesting and visible wildlife in our, covered,
water butt. Loo flushing yes. Washing clothes and dishes? Not for me
thank you. Despite what I say above. B-)