Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default ideas for wood paint/ varnish please

-keevill- wrote:
I have a newly built home in Thailand and am seeing the paint flaking
off the exterior wooden areas within 3 months. I wonder what is the
best paint / varnish to use with high UV / heat tolerance. Perhaps
yacht varnish? I don't see anything being used over here other than
standard varnish or paint and most folks are repainting every 1 year
or less.

I would be looking for the reason you have moisture in the wood. Maybe
leaks, maybe migration from inside. High UV will cause fading, high heat
can cause problems applying paint, but neither should cause the type of
failure you are reporting.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit