Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Wood Siding Sealer?

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:43:36 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Gary
E" quickly quoth:

I use Behr solid stain from HD. They can mix it to any color you want.
They have a color chart you can take home and study. I am very happy
with Behr and have used it on my cedar siding for 10 years.

Thanks for the reply.
I should have been more clear about what I'm looking for.
I really want to try another clear sealer first because I want to keep the
natural wood look.
The painters used Thompsons water seal last time & sprayed it on so I was
hoping to find a better product.

Most everything on the market IS better. g Penofin gets good marks
locally. (PNW)

From everyone I've talked to it seems like I can only count on a year or two
with a clear sealer.
It's really only for the front of the house. The back & sides already have a
solid stain on them that has held
pretty well but nothing looks as good as natural cedar when it's clean.

Yes, I hate the gray weathered look on exterior wood, too. If you're
into extreme pricing and lots of work, try Sikkens Cetol. Otherwise,
give Flood's CWF (clear wood finish) a try. I've heard good things
about it. (I use redwood and paint or stain other woods so I haven't
tried either.)

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---