Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Best way to repair crack.

stevelup wrote:
Phil L wrote:
stevelup wrote:
Hi

The house we're moving into has a crack running from the window fram
to the skirting in one of the bedrooms:-

http://tinyurl.com/lk3no

The surveyor checked it out and said it was cosmetic and there is no
corresponding crack on the outside of the property.

I want to avoid reskimming this particular room as there is no other
damage. Could someone recommend the best way to do a neat job of
repairing this?

That isn't a plaster crack, it's in the brickwork, something below
this window has moved in the past or is still moving, has there been
any widening of doors or other structural work carried out below it?

Hi

Its above some patio doors leading to the conservatory. The external
brickwork looks fine. Do you reckon I should hack the plaster right
off and look behind then?

Steve

That would be your best policy.
I like Phillip had doubts whether it was just a crack appearing and since
you have confirmed there's patio doors been put in down stairs below it
makes you wonder.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite