Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Taps - the thread cutting kind

In article ,
Dave Baker wrote:
Repeat after me. Never ever ever ever buy cheap tools.

It's generally good advice, but there are times when they can be ok. For
example I keep my car spanners (good and expensive makes) handy for car
work. But in my workshop which is actually a first floor bedroom and
mainly used for electronic stuff I have cheaper sets bought from the sheds
- as the sort of use they're put to doesn't tax them. Of course you'd
check they are a decent fit, but they appear to be. I have a combination
metric set which cost 1/10th of decent stuff but does that job ok. And
isn't covered in grease. ;-)

--
*Pentium wise, pen and paper foolish *

Dave Plowman London SW