Posted to alt.home.repair
TakenEvent TakenEvent is offline

Default Wood Siding Sealer?

"Gary E" wrote in message
news:c5AMg.1252$xr.1099@trnddc03...
My house is 20 years old with cedar siding.
We had the house pressure washed about a year & a half ago & the wood

looked
so good that we decided to leave it natuaral & put a clear finish on it.
Well now its molded & darkened again already. Today it getting pressure
washed again & I want to try the natural look one more time. If it doesn't
work I'm just going to go with a solid stain. Any suggestions on what
product to use etc..

Gary

There are more durable clear finishes out there, but they're relatively
expensive. Cabot makes a product called Cabothane that should be just what
you're looking for. Go talk to one of your local Cabot dealers, or even a
local Sherwin-Williams.