Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary E Gary E is offline

Default Wood Siding Sealer?

I use Behr solid stain from HD. They can mix it to any color you want.
They have a color chart you can take home and study. I am very happy
with Behr and have used it on my cedar siding for 10 years.

Thanks for the reply.
I should have been more clear about what I'm looking for.
I really want to try another clear sealer first because I want to keep the
natural wood look.
The painters used Thompsons water seal last time & sprayed it on so I was
hoping to find a better product.
From everyone I've talked to it seems like I can only count on a year or two
with a clear sealer.
It's really only for the front of the house. The back & sides already have a
solid stain on them that has held
pretty well but nothing looks as good as natural cedar when it's clean.

Gary