Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Oland Tool: for Robo Hippy

RH
If you are getting shavings like that from a scraper, I am impressed :-)
Grind the tip straight across and then slightly round it. Lookin at it from
the side it is ground back from the top at 45* Ride the bevel and cut. Watch
the videos and see the tool ride the bevel, handle down at the hip. For
under ten bucks, it's worth trying. I have an even more simple method of
making one that I will get on the net in a week or so.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"robo hippy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ground to 45 degrees? Like a scraper, 45 back from the top edge? Ground
45 diagonally? I just can't tell from the movies and pictures.
robo hippy