Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Dishwasher Noisy Hum In Pump: Still Works

see :
http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm

Alan Smithee wrote:
I've got a 18 years old KitchenAid Monteray 21 dishwasher which recently
developed a loud hum when it tries to evacuate the water between and at the
end of it cycles. The engine is running and the water does go out the drain
hose, but maybe not completely. It's almost sounds like it's running dry. I
can still wash a load of dishes with it but I'm thinking something is up
because it's normally not this loud. I removed the lower spray arm and
noticed a brass split ring was unseated and a plastic sleeve with snap
catches inside it was also unseated. I reseated both but they just don't
look right in my mind. Should I start taking apart the pump housing, call a
repair place or start shopping for a new one? (I checked all the screens and
they are clear.) Would a repair guy be able to find parts to fix an almost
20 year old dishwasher? thx.