Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher Noisy Hum In Pump: Still Works

"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
Should I start taking apart the pump housing, call a
repair place or start shopping for a new one? (I checked all the screens
and
they are clear.) Would a repair guy be able to find parts to fix an almost
20 year old dishwasher? thx.

Even if parts are available, putting a lot of labor cost into an 18 year old
appliance is not sound financially. Could go another few years, could go
tomorrow. I'd start looking for new. New models hold more, use less
energy, are much quieter, and most important, clean better. Fixing your old
one will probably cost have the price of new.