Posted to alt.home.repair
Flintstone Flintstone is offline

Default Wiring colours in Switzerland

I am just wiring my ceiling lights in my new home in Switzerland but
noticed that they appear to be wired at random. I know that on most
simple lights you can connect live-neutral & neutral-live but I would
like the wiring to match up properly as I may add smart devices in the
future.

I have the standard brown, blue, yellow/green on the lights themselves
but on the ceiling the colours are purple, yellow, yellow/green.

Does anybody know where the yellow and purple wires should go? I guess
I can safely assume that green/yellow is earth but would like them
wired correctly.