Posted to rec.woodworking
Salmo Salmo is offline

Default Best material to use for router fence

I bought a Freud adjustable router fence a year or so ago. It uses laminate
fencing ...The thing I found was that the laminate would bend slightly when
running through wood, thus giving an inaccurate cut. I solved it by adding a
couple of slotted adjustable arms to the rear of each side of the fence.
Once I have the fence where I want it I simply slide the arms up to it and
tighten them down...works fine. Too bad I can't post a picture here.

BTW - I contacted Freud and told them about this, offering my solution, but
never ever got even an acknowledgment that they received it.

Recently I bought two hefty pieces of aluminium angle and plan to make a
fence, similar to the laminate one, to replace it. Once that's positioned I
can't see it flexing.

Keith