Posted to alt.home.repair
davidlaska davidlaska is offline

Default metal roof and leaks? using tape to fix? Eternabond brand tape

wrote:
davidlaska wrote:
I have a metal roof made with used metal sheet (2x9 feet) and there are
holes from previous fasteners. I tried silicon, tarbased stuff, butyle
but examining then weeks later I felt that it will not do the job when
the rains come. I bought a role of 4 inch by 50 eternabond tape and
cut pieces for the holes. It seems to stick very well and has a UV
backing. It is marketed for this purpose. Has anyone had experience
use this product of mental? ( Like all products, the surface must be
clean, free of and so on)

Daughter just bought house with edge repaired with tape.
I don't know brand name... its appeara'nce is sort of shiny aluminum.
Home inspector said it was o.k.
We've had a couple of hard rains without apparent leaks.
Underside of decking is visible and no dampness or stains are visible.

I'm uncomfortable depending on an adhesive exposed to water, but time
will tell.
TB

I failed to mention that the prep work does not include being dry, this
stuff sticks when wet also and it is not asphalt based which I have
found to dry and shrink over time.