Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

Leon wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

Mine included. And I wouldn't think of riding my motorcycle without a
helmet.
But it should be my decision, not forced on me.

Well, If I did not have to buy auto insurance to protect me AND the other
guy I would say the helmet should be optional also. But, if you do not wear
it and are insured and file a claim for a head injury we all have to help
pay for your rehab.

Just as I pay for the skiers with broken legs, the ATV riders who overturn,
the drivers with cell phones plastered to their ears, etc, etc.

We all pay for each others risks. If the insurance companies wanted, they
could refuse to pay out for people who didn't wear their helmets, seat belts,
etc. But rather than be the bad guys, they lobby to make the laws do their
work for them.

--
It's turtles, all the way down