Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Painting a concrete floor

In message . com,
Bookworm writes
Peter Johnson wrote:

You may not have done anything wrong but I am told that rubber car
tyres reacts with ordinary floor paint and pulls it off. (I painted my
garage floor with Crown floor paint a couple of years ago and you
could see where my car had been after a very short period of light use
- I have a can of Crown Epimac floor paint to put down when I feel in
the mood for clearing the floor; apparently that should be OK.)

If it pulls off its not adhered properly. It should wear off with a lot
of use.

Not necessarily, as Peter says there is a particular problem with a
reaction with cars tyres causing delamination.

It's mentioned specifically in the Watco datasheet for their
Polyurethane Floor Paint (where they do recommend an expoxy product for
this useage)

http://www.watco.co.uk/pdfs/CFP-ds.pdf

--
Chris French