Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Best material to use for router fence

"mac davis" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:07:20 GMT, B A R R Y wrote:

Locutus wrote:
I plan on builing a router fence that sits on top of my table saw fence,
would laminated MDF be a good choice of material for the face?

It's worked great for me. Be sure to laminate both sides of the work
surface to keep it flat if you're not attaching it to some sort of
reinforcement. Most Biesemeyer-style table saw fences are either MDF or
birch ply under the face laminate.

In some cases, like spot made special fences, I don't even bother to
laminate the face. I simply paste wax the MDF and use the fence.

Not sure but I think the OP is talking about the MDF that comes with
coating??
Mac

That is correct, they sell it at HD.