Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker hood!

wrote:

Hi all,

I've just moved house and am in the process of getting my kitchen ready
for new units and appliances fitted (it's empty at the moment) and
about the only thing I have left to work out is how to wire in the
cooker hood! I'm struggling a bit with this one so I have for some
advice...

I've just had a good look through the past posts on here and there
seems to be lots of good tips, from what I can gather I'm best wiring
it into a switched and fused spur off the ring main?

What I need to work out is where I can place the actual socket to plug
the unit into. It'll be mounted on a tiled wall and isn't adjacent to
any cupboards, so to avoid having a visible socket on the wall near it
I was thinking that the socket could go behind the chimney section?

nother option is to run flex or cable from the hood down the wall
behind the tiles and to the fcu or plug. Nothing visible.

NT