Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jan Larsen Jan Larsen is offline

Default Cooker hood!

Derek ^ wrote:
On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:24:41 +0100, "Steve Rainbird"
wrote:

Ian

This doesnt answer your question I am afraid but I am also interested in
this hood but dont understand what the sentence

"To be completed with NYTTIG TUB 120 flexible pipe for fan for connection to
a valve." means.

What did you take it to mean?

Could it mean (backdraught) shutter.

A bad translation Swedish English ?

DG

Hehe, no I assure you that on the Swedish and for that matter the Danish
Ikea website it makes rather little sense either.

However I asked a friend of mine back in Copenhagen about this about 10
minutes ago, he fits quite a few kitchens from Ikea and confirms that
the "valve" in question is one of those flappy things where air will go
out when there is pressure on the inside but will shut when the wind
blows on the outside. "TUB 120" is simply a piece of 120mm flexible
aluminium duct.

It occurred to me also that the very same device is far cheaper in
Denmark, which is a bit odd, its almost half the price.

My friend Dan comments however that it is a nice cooker hood but
recommends that you either clean it very often or refrain from pointing
a spotlight at it.

//J