Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem Markem is offline

Default Unisaws...Are the Old Ones "Better" than the New Ones?

On 7 Sep 2006 05:39:49 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Also with the older Unisaw motors, are they adequate?

I have a 1948 model which is quite adequate, the motor is the
original, the bearings for the arbor have been replaced about 1968.
New belts this summer. Newer model tablesaws do have an advantage of
being setup for dust collection by an external system.

Mind you I did not buy this saw having recieved it from my father.

With older Unisaws the question is how well has it been maintained.
That would be my determining factor as to price.

But if buying new, buying one direct from a dealer who will set it up
and can roll it out of they're own stock has great advantage no matter
the make.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618