Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 01:06:13 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

I hope you are correct about others coming up with other ways to add serious
safety improvements as this is the first step taken in many many years
towards user safety.

One other thing is that while Sawstop says there's no way to upgrade
an old saw with the technology, I can't see as how all the cast iron
of the top and the motor can't be reused, and those combined are a
substantial proportion of the cost of the saw, and the weight of the
machine. And of course the fence can be reused. So I don't see why
the manufacturers couldn't offer just the cabinet and guts as an
upgrade path.

-Leuf