Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Asphalt driveway sealcoat - two types

I am 49 years old When I was a little kid my next door neighbr put in
a asphalt driveway. He still lives there although we moved over 30
years ago.

he sealed his driveway filled cracks and put in lots of effort, guess
what his near 50 year old asphalt driveway stioll looks good.

admittely he isnt maintaing it like he used to, tom meehan must be
about 80 today.

I seal my over 20 year old asphalt driveway every few years, it cracks
a little but still looks good.
I used to use the coal tar emulsions but use the latex based filler
sealer today.

asphalt lasting 50 years, geez thats almost forever..........