Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 01:32:19 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

As would I however I enjoy or don't enjoy the value of actual experience and
have a different view on that subject. I was not too big on the saw either
until I learned from SawStop many years ago that the cartridge works when a
dado blade is installed and when the saw is turned OFF. My accident
involved both and was not during the normal operation of the saw. I
certainly would have rather lost a blade than half of my thumb.

Wait.. I assumed when power was off so was the detection. So if I
accidently brush against the blade while I'm cleaning off the table it
fires and I have to buy a new blade and replace the cartridge? What
happens when I go to change blades? I assume there's an override, but
what worries me is if it's easy to override and a false detection
means I am out $150-200 that I'd just leave the sucker in the override
position when it's not on, and then the one time I forget to switch it
back that's when something happens.

-Leuf