Jon Anderson

Default Sheet Metal project price question.

lane wrote:

So, my $100 plus materials sounds about right.

Well... maybe. I'd suggest you avoid large state of the art CNC
sheetmetal shops. Setups are very expensive, and in general they don't
like to do a setup for one part that has no chance of going into
production. One shop I do some machining for now and then, has a $75
minimum to burn anything on the laser. Want a 3/4" square burned out of
1/8 SS, $75.

If you get quotes you find way out of line, ask if they know any smaller
shops that like to deal with little one-off jobs. Many big shops are
only too happy to send one-offs somewhere else.

Jon