Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall Dave Hall is offline

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

On 6 Sep 2006 08:05:17 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

R. Pierce Butler wrote:

I find the numbers a bit hard to believe. How many table saw users are
there? I can't find a single person at work that owns one.

At least 2% (4 out of 200) where I work have a TS at home, if you
applied 2% to 300million people that would be 6 million saws in the US.

First you have to adjust your population figures to "hopuseholds" as
most kids don't own saws. Assuming an average household size of 3,
then 300 million people is 100 million households thus 2 million saws.
Now, after the math homework, back to your original programming....

Like most I'm not keen on being forced into buying something but I am
very hard-headed (proven by the fact the government didn't make me wear
a helmet to ride a bike as a kid).

I did check out the saw online and wonder how good it is. Looks like
it is about 30% more than a Unisaw but is the quality close? That
extra lifting mechanism that allows the blade to drop when triggered
seems like a good place to have unnecessary slop in the machine.

decent video he
http://www.workbenchmagazine.com/mai...netsaws01.html

How many have tried the sawstop? and does it compare in quality to
other cabinet saws?