Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house,alt.med.allergy,alt.support.asthma
[email protected] autobus_prime@yahoo.com is offline

Default Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors

Harry Muscle wrote:
I know vinyl flooring offgasses toxins for quite some time, however, is
it like carpet where it stops after a few years or does it continue
offgassing for it's whole life.

Harry:

Alarmism to the contrary, this won't hurt you. Smells (often coupled
with
worry) *can* give people headaches. New car smell used to give me
those
because I didn't like it. I preferred the 'old car' mixture of
gasoline vapors and
mildew, probably much more toxic if you analyze it. But there is
such a
thing as exposure far below the limits of toxicity, despite what the
pseudoscientists say.

Keep a window open if the smell bothers you.

Cordially yours:
A. P. M. F.