Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Where do you start?

So we have bedans; beading and parting tools; spindle gouges; spindle
masters and skews for many of the same cuts. I would also put skewchigouges
and three point tools in there. Could there be more than one way to skin a
cat?
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"T. Dougall" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
Don't buy the hype that a skew is the do all end all for spindels. The
skew does 1 thing and 1 thing only makes V cuts sure you can do more

with
it but still its only good at 1 thing.

I have always had difficulty with a skew. I aggree it's only good for
making vee cuts. The Robert Sorby spindle master does everything a skew
does with none of the problems and in my opinion gives a better finish

Tom