Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default if juniper worth harvesting, and a little gloat to

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:01:25 -0600, Richard Clements
wrote:

if juniper worth harvesting? a guy I work with had some large junipers
that he's cutting down are they worth harvesting into timber? on first
thought I think they would have to much pitch and just be a mess any
thoughts?

also has anyone worked with Russian olive before? he's pulling down a
number of 10" that I said I would take
and now the gloat

I'm also getting a 2' diameter walnut tree that has a solid 8' long trunk

Richard

Juniper makes really nice bowls and candlesticks... stuff like that...
Related to cedar, isn't it???

Cut the Juniper into bowl blanks and sell it on ebay... *g*
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis