Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:42:08 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

One issue with these is the load capacity is a little light - these
are 2 ton (4000#) trailers which weigh 1910# so max load is nominally 2090#
which means Bridgeports or 15x30" lathes are out .. - GWE

That single axle job seems to be a bit over-rated for load capacity
unless it has extremely heavy duty tyres.

I have just twigged that 4000 lb is gross, so the load capacity is
MUCH less.

My s/axle (box) trailer has tyres rated at 690kg (about 1400 lb)
each, a theoretical load capacity of about 1 tonne + tare weight, yet
it is licenced to legally carry 450kg, with a tare of ~250kg, so there
is nearly a 100% tyre load safety margin.

I regularly used to carry my Mitsi ST1510D tractor which weighs
about 450kg, until I was rear-ended on 20th December, just the empty
trailer, which is now severely bent. Bloody insurance company does
not want to repair/replace it, unfortunately 3 of the 4 vehicles
involved are with the same company, mine, including the one who caused
it.
I have to move a Maxicut mill weighing about 1400 kg to my son's
house and I would not put it on that s/a trailer, have to hire a
rigger & truck for a couple of hours as it only has to be moved 5 km
from the seller.
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address