Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

Default Low energy lamps

In message , Huge
writes
On 2006-09-05, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-09-05 15:45:51 +0100, "Kev" said:

Just out of interest, how did you dispose of the old bulb as you aren't
supposed to bin them but there again I am hardly likely to all the way
to the dump with a broken low enegy bulb.

Kevin

Oh no you must, regardless of how much fuel is used. It's part of the
"eco" thing.

*applause* And I thought it was just me.

Don't forget you must wash out your empty cans and bottles with hot
water & detergent, too....

I remember seeing a prog about recycling, there was a woman who did just
that, including delabelling and thoroughly scrubbing all the pet food
tins in copious hot water and detergent, then they followed the green
waste to its final destination in land fill.

Surely if we're recycling to be green it makes no sense to ask
householders to waste water and energy cleaning stuff, it must be much
better environmentally to wash them in some efficient industrial washer.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk