Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule

"sweetsawdust" wrote in message
I would think that the 55,000 TS injuries a year might be a little low.
This week I have had 3 injuries from my table saw, bumped into it once

and
hurt my leg, laid down a stack of boards and mashed my finger, had a

piece
of wood (large) fall from the table and hit my foot. None of these

injuries
occurred when the saw was running, Total loss of time 5 min at most while

was cussing my own stupidity, cost to business $0. Will the saw stop help
with any of those?

Well, if the cost of the Sawstop prevented you from buying one, you'd have
been prevented from experiencing all of those klutz injuries and saved that
5 minutes. Think of it. 52 weeks x 5 minutes = over 4 hours. Think of the
money you could save then?