Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Low energy lamps

On 6 Sep 2006 01:15:42 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

What sort of bulbs do these fittings take?

Smaller reflectors

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/bro...=prods&PGID=56
too big?

or candle bulbs mostly.

http://www.greenshop.co.uk/acatalog/...ml&CatalogBody
(near the bottom) too big?

I think low-energy reflectors don't come in small sizes

See above.

and the candle equivalents won't mount horizontally due to their weight

Perhaps you are thinking of the old CFL bulbs with heavy glass
envelopes. Modern ones are very light and there is no problem
mounting them horizontally.

or vertically without protruding right out of the shade.

Have you been to a big red tin shed recently and looked at the size
of some of the modern bulbs?

Ok, the last complaint is aesthetic...

Does that matter if there is a shade?

--