Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lairdy@gmail.com is offline

Default Low energy lamps

Roger wrote:
The message .com
from contains these words:

I do not have any low energy bulbs in locations where I really need
immediate light, so it may be that I have simply not noticed. But I
have had earlier compact fluorescents which were tediously slow in
comparison (not to say dismal in light output), so I was a little
surprised at your experience.

Some of my earlier ones definitely took several seconds (or possibly
even longer) to achieve full brightness but this Morrisons one is unique
in my experience in that it doesn't show the slightest glimmer
for at least 2 seconds.

It must be a bad 'un. I picked up a handful yesterday and tested each
one - all lit with no delay and the amount of brightening after a
couple of minutes was quite small. The ones I get are Philips
manufactured.

--
"Growing older is mandatory... growing up is optional!"