Posted to misc.consumers.house
Shawn M. Winnie Shawn M. Winnie is offline

Default RJ45 Flush mounted wall Jack Wiring Help

tells us, as edited:[i]
can't seem to find a wiring scheme for [ethernet].

As John Weeks suggested, there are two wiring standards for Ethernet.
They are not interchangable. Pick one and stick to it throughout the
house. Then write it down somewhere obvious for when you add a jack in
five years (or when you sell the place and someone else has to make
sense of your wiring).

The two standards are T-568A and T-568B. Good pictures at:
http://www.cablesplususa.com/rj45-utp-guide.htm

Choosing between 568A and 568B matters a great deal to a lot of
people, but probably not you. (It matters a lot if you're maintaining
backward compatibility or bidding on a federal contract. It matters
not a lot if you're just wiring your home.) I use 568A because the
quarter landed heads.
--
"In effect, I could be replaced, without loss, by a potted plant."
- Warren Buffett, letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, 2/27/04

(My entry: "2004 Most Distorted Out-of-Context Comment")